Comprehensive Course on Topological Systems
- Start: Apr 12, 2019
- End: Jul 12, 2019
- Speaker: see schedule
- Location: MPI-CPfS, Dresden
Lectures will be given - among others - by Claudia Felser, the director of the Department for Solid-State Chemistry, and Max Planck Research Group leader Johannes Gooth.
As several scientists will give lectures on their respective research area, the course will offer a broad introduction into the field of topological materials and at the same time provide a great overview over the research activities at our institute in this field. The researchers giving the individual lectures all work at the forefront of this exciting topic and are contribute to the world-leading activities at MPI-CPfS in their respective research area.
The lecture series will be held on Fridays from 13:00 – 14:30 (one session of 90 minutes) at the MPI-CPfS, seminar rooms 1-2.
The course will start on 12 April 2019 and will be offered based on the following schedule:
- 12 April – General introduction to topological systems (Johannes Gooth)
- 19 April – no lecture (public holiday)
- 26 April – Crystal synthesis (Chandra Shekhar)
- 3 May – DFT calculation for topological materials (Yan Sun)
- 10 May – Electron Transport I (Johannes Gooth)
- 17 May – Transport Experiments (Chandra Shekhar)
- 24 May – Electron Transport II (Johannes Gooth)
- 31 May – Magnetic topological materials (Jacob Gayles)
- 7 June – Materials and Topology (Claudia Felser)
- 14 June – Table-top experiments for high-energy physics (Chandra Shekhar)
- 21 June – Application of topological materials / Catalysis (Nitesh Kumar)
- 28 June – Calculation of topological invariants - part I (Yan Sun)
- 05 July – Band structure calculations - tight binding (Claudia Felser)
- 12 July – Calculation of topological invariants - part II (Yan Sun)
Details about the individual lectures will be announced at www.cpfs.mpg.de